All kinds of workers – and employers – benefit from greater flexible working. But when parents can work more flexibly, the positive impact ripples out to children too. It’s no exaggeration to say that getting flexible working right can help reduce childhood poverty, as well as delivering business benefits such as improved productivity and staff retention.
Our free in-person event is for employers in Fife and takes place on Tuesday 20 February from 9.30am-11.30am at The Glen Pavilion, Pittencrieff Park, Dunfermline.
- Hear first-hand from employers – Three Fife employers, including those with frontline workers, will talk about what flex they offer, why, what challenges they’ve overcome, and the benefits they are now experiencing.
- Data and insights – We’ll share our latest stats on flexible working use in Scotland, how much workers want or need flex, what types of flex are most popular and how flex benefits people and employers. We’ll also share our insight on how greater flexible working can help family finances and play a part in reducing childhood poverty.
- Tips – To help you ‘sell’ the idea of greater flex in your organisation, and the nuts and bolts of how to create more flex for workers, even those in frontline roles.
- Personal story – You’ll hear from an employee on the difference flexible working has made to their life.
- Discussions – Time to learn and share with other employers by discussing where your organisation is currently with flex, what challenges you face and how you can begin to tackle them.
- Coffee and cake – To fuel your morning.
This will be an informative and supportive event, with opportunities for you to network with local peers.
- Nikki Slowey, Co-Founder and Director, Flexibility Works
- Lyndsey Thomson, Project Coordinator, Fife Gingerbread
- Andrew Stokes, Service Manager, Fife Council
- Gwyneth Christie, Manager, Gowrie House Care Home
- Stephen Heslop, Managing Director Employer Pitreavie Packaging
- Chris Birt, Associate Director for Scotland, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Lynne Smith, Admin Assistant, Fife Gingerbread
Flexibility Works are Scotland’s leading experts in flexible working. The team supports Scottish employers to develop more flexible work places.
Fife Gingerbread are a voluntary sector organisation that provides advice and support to lone parents and families all over Fife.