Hybrid Working: A Guide for Managers
Hybrid working: a guide for managers from Flexibility Works
This straightforward and practical guide for managers provides the information you need about how to approach hybrid working in your organisation. It sets out the steps you need to follow, to take you from feeling that hybrid is something you ought to know more about, to planning and then to implementation. It will help you establish a hybrid working framework, rather than provide you with an off-the-shelf policy – although we do provide examples of what a policy should include and how you might word it, based on examples we have seen from other employers.
It has two sections.
What you need to do, and things to think about explains what hybrid working is, and how it relates to flexible working. It provides guidance and planning checklists to support you step by step to
- evaluate your experience of remote and flexible working to date
- consult staff, managers and other stakeholders
- assess the business, its functions and roles for remote potential
- establish your hybrid working principles, and
- consider hybrid working practicalities
Section two provides sample wording for you to develop into your own policies, frameworks and employee guidance, covering:
- the purpose and scope of your hybrid working policy
- setting up hybrid working, including eligibility and criteria
- a practical checklist for your employees, to assess their own role for remote working
- protocols for remote working, and
- practical considerations such as health and safety, IT, running costs and expenses